What is an Ergonomic Penguin Mouse?
The Ergonomic Penguin Mouse or sometimes known as the vertical mouse heralds a breakthrough in the battle against health problems when using the personal computer.
The Ergonomic vertical mouse is designed to relieve pressure on your wrists and shoulders and thus avoiding common complaints such as RSI (Repetitive Strain injury), CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) etc.
This is important, even those who use a computer recreationally and spend several hours per day typing on the keyboard can be at risk for a wrist injury. So as they say, prevention is better than the cure!
What are the Health Benefits of an Ergonomic Mouse?
This amazing ergonomic mouse minimises these conditions by enabling right and left hands to share the workload.
By avoiding exaggerated movements off the wrist joint this reduces the pressure on the soft tissues in the carpal tunnel. Please see the image on the left.
This ergonomic mouse is truly a breakthrough. Regular switching between the hands throughout the day helps prevent static muscle strain (SMS) in the arm and shoulder.
The Penguin Mouse is also antimicrobial to inhibit the growth of bacteria – making it perfect for hot-desking environments.
How do I use the Ergonomic mouse?
- This is a medium version of the mouse at 16-18cm(6-7 ins approx).
- If you need larger or smaller we can source these for you on request.
- The vertical alignment encourages a more ergonomic operating position
- Ambidextrous Design- Central ‘bow-tie’ switch allows for easy transition between right and left handed use.
- Easy-glide symmetrical base – Allows the user to rest either hand comfortably alongside the vertical structure, encouraging the use of the bigger muscles in the fore and upper arm to manoeuvre the mouse. Fine cursor control is still achievable with small hand and/or finger movements
- Precision performance laser – Provides accurate tracking on typical work surfaces
- Adjustable 400, 600, 800 or 1200 dpi settings – Encourages fast and precise operating movements
- Precision scroll wheel – For fast, accurate document scrolling
- Soft key touch – Low activation force and full key travel distance provides keying comfort
Penguin Mouse Additional media
The video from the manufacturer mentions this in more detail:
Please note this ergonomic penguin mouse is the wired version and not the wireless one as displayed in the video. Both are exactly the same in usage.
With its sleek ergonomic design this is a high quality piece of kit. At this great value price you are picking up an absolute bargain.
If you have any questions on the mouse or require larger or smaller mice we can source these for you on request. Please get in touch with the team.