1stMobility is proud to present the CPAP sleep apnoea pillow designed for those bitten by the travel bug. This is a smaller more mobile version of our amazing CPAP and Advanced CPAP pillows. The pillow comes with a removable washable coolmax cover which keeps your head cool while you sleep.
According to the NHS Sleep Apnoea is a growing problem in the UK with the condition affecting up to 4% of men and 2% of women. This problem is impacting on the quality of life of many people of all age ranges and backgrounds. The CPAP pillow is designed to help customers improve their sleep.
The Advanced CPAP / BIPAP Pillow is ideal for people who suffer from sleep apnoea and many other sleeping conditions. The cpap sleep apnoea pillow is British made and filled with high quality Flexi- polyurethane foam for extra quality and comfort.
Cpap sleep apnoea pillow uses
The cpap sleep apnoea pillow is perfect alongisde the use of a CPAP machine. The pillow provides comfort and support while you sleep and the attached machine gently pumps air into a mask you wear over your mouth or nose. See the image on the right for more detailed information.
The sleep apnoea CPAP pillow can help:
- improve your breathing while you sleep by stopping your airways getting too narrow
- improve the quality of your sleep and help you feel less tired
- reduce the risk of problems linked to sleep apnoea (like high blood pressure)
Using the pillow alongisde the CPAP machine may feel strange or awkward at first, but try to keep using it. It works best if you use it every night.
What is Sleep Apnoea
Acccording to a large body of research Sleep Apnoea is a severe condition which can have a detrimental impact on your quality of life. Help guides mention that many people treat snoring as a joke or something to feel embarrassed about.
Loud snoring—especially when accompanied by daytime fatigue—may be a sign of sleep apnoea, a common but serious disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts as you sleep.
If you have sleep apnoea, you’re probably not aware of these short breathing pauses that occur hundreds of times a night, jolting you out of your natural sleep rhythm. All you know is that you don’t feel as energetic, mentally sharp, or productive during the day as you should.
Since sleep apnoea only occurs while you’re sleeping, you may only discover you have a problem when a bed partner or roommate complains about your snoring. Though you may feel self-conscious about it or tempted to just make light of your snoring, it’s something you shouldn’t ignore.
Sleep apnea can take a serious toll on your physical and emotional health.
Cpap Pillow suitable for the following:
- CPAP, BIPAP, PEEP
- NIV (non invasive ventilation), NIPPY, COPD, Nebulizers
- Sleep Apnoea CPAP, Sleep Apnoea Bi-Level, Sleep Apnoea Facial Interface
- Sleep Apnoea APAP, Oxygen Concentrators, Oxygen Systems
- Ventilators, Respiratory Measurement Devices (Capnograph & Others)
Cpap sleep apnoea pillow additional details
The travel CPAP Pillow range deals with common complains including:
- Mask pressure on the face
- Mask leaks (air blowing into eyes + reduction in mask pressure)
- General discomfort whilst at the same time using our vast experience in back care to improve posture whilst sleeping to reduce neck and back pain.
The pillow is designed with the following aspects in mind:
- Ear recess for side sleeping
- Curved recess for shoulders (if side sleeper)
- Rounded soft neck support
- Contoured ventilation to help heat escape from your face
The pillow comes in the following size:
- W 13” x L 12” x D 5” (33cm x 31cm x 13cm)
It also Includes a Cotton removable zipped cover (hand washable).
This is a heavy duty quality product packaged in an extremely light weight pillow weighing just 0.4kg. It is a smaller CPAP Pillow thus ideal for travel and has been made exclusively for that purpose.